The family which is claiming title to the disputed Adehyeman Gardens land near Kejetia in Kumasi, is accusing city authorities of misleading traders who occupy the land.
Head of Kwaku Krah Family, Nana Osei Tutu, says it comes to him as a shock the City Mayor’s insistence on keeping traders there. He produced ‘relevant’ documents on the property to Metro Chief Executive, Kojo Bonsu as a proof of their claim
Over 300 structures belonging to traders were pulled down under police and military supervision at dawn on Sunday.
Property worth millions of cedis was destroyed when bulldozers razed stores and other structures, living traders in distress.
Victims say they were not served any notice, insisting the matter is before court.
City authorities are casting doubt over claims the demolition had been ordered by court.
The KMA set up a five-member committee on Monday to find out, among others, if the said court order was genuine.
Nana Osei Tutu insists the contractor did nothing wrong after all the parties had been notified to evacuate.
Speaking to “Kroyi mu Nsεm” on Nhyira Fm, Tuesday, Nana Osei Tutu dares the authorities to prove otherwise their claims.
Nana Oei Tutu also rubbishes suggestions the demolition was carried out without a human face because discussions have been going on between him and the traders.
Spokesperson for the Metropolitan Chief Executive, Sammy Gyamfi says the family’s claim is unfounded.
He hints the case has been officially reported to Regional Minister for further instructions, pending the outcome of the committee’s work .