The National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Talensi Constituency in the Upper East Region led by the Constituency Secretary, Solomon TTB Zinekena has called out the MD for the State Housing Company for his “deliberate attempt to deceive, mislead, misinform and mock Ghanaians” with regard to the Rock Estate Affordable Housing Project at Pusu Namoo.
In a statement signed by Mr. Zinekena and copied to this website, the scribe of the NDC in Talensi explained that the communication as put out by the MD of the SHC was misleading and did not represent the facts at the site.
Below is the full statement.
TALENSI NDC DEMANDS AN IMMEDIATE UNQUALIFIED APOLOGY FROM THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF STATE HOUSING COMPANY LTD, MR. KWABENA AMPOFO APPIAH .
The attention of the NDC in Talensi has been drawn to a Facebook post by the MD of the State Housing Company Ltd which suggests that there are houses available for Ghanaians at the Rock Estates located at Pusonamoogo in the Talensi District of Upper East Region of Ghana. Ghanaians must be apprised here and now that the MD’s claim is a consummate falsehood peddled to raise the image of the drowning NPP’s government led by President Nana Addo and Alhaji Timothy Bawumia.
To set the records straight without equivocation, the facts are as follows:
1. On Friday, November 29, 2019, President Nana Addo cut sod for the construction of 120 housing units at Pusonamoogo in the Talensi District of the Upper East Region.
2. On Tuesday, 18th August, 2020, the Vice President Alhaji Bawumia in a town hall meeting at the Academy of Art and Sciences in Accra emphatically captured the 120 housing units project in page 40 as ongoing and that work was 20 per cent complete.
3. At the time the Vice President made that claim using his 419 powerful delivery tracker, there was only a well-designed signpost erected on the site along the Bolga-Tamale Road.
4. According to the Vice President in 2020, 50 housing units were supposed to be completed before the 2020 general elections.
5. It is almost three years today and only two uncompleted housing units are found at the site.
6. Work has stalled at the site for months now.
7. The site is left bushy and muddy.
The following questions are begging for immediate answers from the uninformed, clueless and armchair MD;
1. How did the MD come to the conclusion that the housing units were ready for use and that people looking for homes in the Upper East Region should look no further but contact one Mabila via telephone on +233244271502?
2. Does the MD and his team do routine monitoring and supervision of their projects?
3. How many housing units are completed?
4. Is portable drinking water provided at the site?
5. Is the site connected to electricity?
6. Have they created access roads?
7. Is the MD and his appointor living in such homes?
8. Are the completed houses in Jupiter or the Earth we all live on?
In fact, it appears the Vice President has succeeded in infecting most appointees of the NPP government with his chronic lies. The usual peddling of falsehoods by the rank and file of NPP seems to be a malignant cancerous tumour that is resistant to treatment. As much as Ghanaians and the NDC try to treat them by exposing their naked lies, the more they continue to lie. Probably, the MD was celebrating the two years lying anniversary of Bawumia on that same project. If not, he is caught flat-footed and pants down having thrown iron fillings into the eyes of the good people of Talensi and Ghana at large on the completion of the Project.
What is the crime of the good people of Talensi to have warranted this naked deception from the appointee of President Nana Addo? This fraud exposes the gross ineptitude, corporate incompetence and lack of credibility of the MD. The posture of the MD simply means that he is either not on top of his job or is a deliberate attempt to deceive, mislead, misinform and mock Ghanaians under the excruciating economic conditions experienced by most ordinary Ghanaians especially the youth where payment of rents has been a challenge though on 26th October, 2020, Ghanaian youth were promised to have their rents paid by the NPP government in the second term.
It, however, beats our imagination that an MD who draws monthly salaries with huge allowances from the public purse of the ordinary taxpayer would lower the bar of management and corporate leadership to such a bizarre extent. He is busily dancing in the gutters alone. We may be tempted to believe that he is only carrying a big head punishing his neck because there is no absolute reflection of his academic qualifications and leadership in the development of the company.
The NDC would like to dare the MD to come out with contrary facts relative to the Rock Estates Housing project situated at Pusonamoogo. We also want to challenge him (the MD) to publish the true pictures of the housing units completed, the outside and inside of the houses and an aerial photograph of the project. The NDC is keenly monitoring the falsehoods the MD has been peddling on various platforms seeking to take undue credit of the numerous projects initiated and funded by the erstwhile John Dramani Mahama led NDC government in the housing sector. Well! The performing masquerade that tries too hard to outclass his colleagues will end up by exposing his anus.
Critically examining the posture of the MD, one thing is certain and conspicuous that, the Nana Addo government has very little to show for all the gargantuan and unprecedented resources of over GHc 500 billion that has accrued to them, such that, they have now resorted to fabricating and conjuring non-existent projects as achievements. This show of odious dishonesty by the MD is an insult to the good people of Talensi, Upper East and Ghana at large who have endured the insensitive economic policies, mismanagement, profligacy and corruption for close to six years now.
The NDC in Talensi would like to advise the MD to abort his pregnancy of lies. He should better concentrate on providing solutions to the housing deficits in the country instead of engaging in cheap propaganda aimed at scoring cheap political points for his appointor.
We call on the MD to unreservedly render an unqualified apology to the good people of Talensi for taking the farmlands where economic trees such as Vitellaria paradoxa, Parkia biglobosa etc were felled with no compensation given to the farmers. Till date, the land is underutilized because the purpose for which the land was released has not been achieved.
If not the most complex and difficult surgery to conduct in Ghana, today, is the separation of the appointees of President Nana Addo from their chairs, the MD should either resign by himself or be fired by the President to deter others from engaging in similar unguarded commentary in the future. Ghana has a feeble President who has no moral tenacity to do the needful by cracking the whip on his non-performing appointees.
Zinekena Solomon T.T.B.,
Talensi Constituency Secretary.
Source: A1radioonline.com|101.1MHz|Mark Kwasi Ahumah Smith|Ghana