A 25 year old man here in Bolgatanga met his untimely death on Monday morning after he got electrocuted by electrical wires he was working on near the Bolgatanga Library junction.
Sources told A1 News that the young man worked with a sub-electrical contractor who had been contracted by the Volta River Authority (VRA) to do some work on those wires. After electrical power had been switched off for work to begin, the young man climbed the pole and started work. However after a few minutes, the power was switched back on without his prior notice and he was shocked by electrical current till he died, hanging on the pole.
VRA has refused to comment on the matter for now but police have confirmed the death. Upper East Regional Public Relations Officer of Police, ASP Thomas Yaw Agbanyo told A1 News that the incident is still under investigation.
CAUTION!!!! VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!
By: Albert Sore / Joshua Asaah | A1radioonline.com | Ghana