The family of late investigative journalist, Ahmed Hussein Suale, has said they are unhappy with the delay in ongoing investigations into the murder of their relative.
According to Mustapha Iddrisu, a brother of the deceased, the police have failed to provide proper updates on the level investigations conducted into the case, two years after the gruesome killing.
“The investigations so far as the family is concerned has not been what we are expecting. We’re not even sure whether the police are actually doing conducting investigations or they are doing anything about it,” he told JoyNews.
He was part of a team of undercover journalists led by renowned investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
He was shot three times, twice in the chest and another in the neck late Wednesday night at Madina in Accra while he was driving home by unidentified men.
The murder came shortly after the Number-12 documentary was released. It also came after the Assin Central MP on live TV incited the public to launch attacks on the journalist.
It has since remained unresolved though government promised to remain resolute in seeking justice for Mr Suale.
The family, speaking to JoyNews’ Joseph Ackah-Blay bemoaned the delay, stating that, no arrests have been made, “no one has been charged or prosecuted for the crime after over two years.”
“The police are not giving us any update, sometimes we have to chase them for information and when you go there, the information they give to you about a year ago is the same information they are giving back to you,” he added.
They added that efforts of the family in seeking justice have also been compromised since suspects that were handed over to the police by the family have all been let off the hook.
They are, therefore, calling on authorities to speed up investigations, adding that the family will not relent on it efforts to seeking justice for the deceased.
“We are not going to be happy with whatever they [Police] tell us until they tell us that the people who committed the crime have been found.
“I don’t think it is a matter that we can put behind us. We will continue to ask for the perpetrators of Ahmed Suale’s murder.”