google-site-verification=X5GoukDcjgljaoJal_bObogkqMexqIXHuNSvvRcRGRU
- Advertisement -

NPP stalwart pleads with assembly members of Garu, Binduri to confirm DCE nominees

- Advertisement -

A former New Patriotic Party (NPP) Upper East Regional Chairman aspirant, Filson Awankua has made a passionate plea to the assembly members of Garu and Binduri Districts to endorse the president’s nominees for District Chief Executives (DCE) for those Areas.

It could be recalled that on the 5th of October,2021, the nominee for Garu district, Osman Musah obtained ten votes out of nineteen assembly members present and voted, representing 52.6 percent.

This, therefore, meant the nominee failed to meet the two-thirds majority to be confirmed as District Chief Executive per the Local Government’s Act.

In a similar vein, Ayinga Abagre Yakubu, who was re-nominated by the president as District Chief Executive for the Binduri District was rejected after he secured only ten votes out of 17 assembly members present and voted.

The figure represents 58.82 percent while the other 7 represents 41.18 percent.

But speaking in an interview with A1 Radio on the ‘Daybreak Upper East’ show ahead of meetings to confirm these nominees, Mr. Awankua appealed to the assembly members of Binduri and Garu respectively to think about the development of the region and endorse the nominees.

He said a delay in the confirmation process would compound the slow pace of development the region is experiencing.

“I am pleading. At this moment, you have nothing to say other than to plead. So I am pleading for the sake of our region. We are counted among the poorest regions in Ghana, and if we delay such exercises, it will further derail our progress in development. I am pleading with the honorable assemblymen and women that when they go, they should think about the region. They should think about the poor in the region; they should think about the people of Binduri.” Mr. Awankua said.

Assembly Members in these two districts will reconvene a meeting today, October 13, 2021, to confirm the nominees or do otherwise.

Source: A1Radioonline.com|101.1Mhz|Elijah Beyeni Yenibey|Ghana

- Advertisement -

MOST POPULAR

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related news

- Advertisement -