The Member of Parliament for the Nadowli-Kaleo Constituency in the Upper West Region, Anthony Mwinkaara Sumah has cautioned the public to desist from conducting business or responding to financial demands from a Facebook account operating under the name “Hon Anthony Mwinkaara Sumah”.
He said the intention of the persons behind the account is to defraud the public and lure them into parting with huge sums of money under the guise of securing top jobs for them.
In a Press Statement issued by the Communications Assistant to the MP, Prosper Sunkyedong and copied to A1 News, the Legislator explained that his office is liaising with the security agencies to bring the perpetrators of the crime to book.
Below is the full statement:
Our attention has been drawn to the activities of a fake Facebook account that goes by the name “Hon Anthony Mwinkaara Sumah”. We would like to notify the general public, especially constituents of Nadowli/Kaleo, that the said account is the brainchild of some faceless criminals who are bent on bringing the name of the Member of Parliament into disrepute.
The selfish interest of the callous individual(s) behind the said account is to defraud unsuspecting victims on the internet with juicy job offers under the pretext of acting for and on behalf of the Nadowli/Kaleo Legislator
Whilst stringent steps are being taken with the relevant security agencies to unmask the perpetrators, the general public is hereby advised to take note of the following in all their dealings on Facebook,
1. The original account of the Nadowli/Kaleo Lawmaker does not have the “Hon” prefix as is the case with the phony account “Hon Anthony Mwinkaara Sumah”
2. The Member of Parliament For Nadowli/Kaleo does not casually initiate conversations with people on Facebook messenger as the individuals behind the fake accounts are fond of doing.
3. Do not accept any friend request from any account purporting to be that of the MP for Nadowli/Kaleo Constituency.
4. Treat any job offer from an account purporting to be that of the MP for Nadowli/Kaleo with the utmost contempt it deserves
5. Lastly and most importantly, Do not under any condition, make any payment to anyone pretending to be the MP for Nadowli/Kaleo. Hon. Anthony Sumah does not take money before granting favors.
We urge the general public to be extra vigilant on the internet in order not to fall prey to such unscrupulous persons. The activities of the MP for Nadowli/Kaleo can be tracked on his Official Facebook page “Sumah M Anthony”.
Communications Assistant to the MP.
A1radioonline.com|101.1 MHz|Mark Kwasi Ahumah Smith|Ghana