Charles Boazor, a brother to one of the three small scale miners who died last week at Gbane in the Talensi District in a mine accident has alleged that the deaths of the three persons came as a result of poisonous smoke that was generated into a pit in which the three persons were operating by Chinese Shanxii Mining Company.
Mr. Boazor who expressed with grievance the cause of the three young men’s deaths at a stakeholder’s forum said, his brother before he died, said in a phone call that he inhaled smoke from a blast which came from a mining pit belonging the Chinese. “That smoke was not the kind of smoke we have known, it is not suffocation, it is poisonous”.
“You could die in a month or year time depending on how much you inhale that smoke”. “My brother yesterday when we were to bury him he was still vomiting blood and certain things”.
Public Relations Officer of Shanxii Mining Company, Maxwell Wooma denies the allegations. “Our mine has two races what we call ventilation holes with one of them use escape road which is 65 meters below the surface”.
“Since the occurrence of this mess-up, there has been no report to our company about anyone entering our pit and being gust”. “The company acquires explosives from explosive manufacturers from Ghana’ when explosives are acquire from the manufacturer it is given a police escort through to the company license magazine and dislodged still under police inspection”.
“It is these same explosives that are use to blast underground without additional additives”. “It is highly mischievous to link the unfortunate gusting and subsequent death of our men to our company”.
Mr. Boazor also alleged that Shanxii mining is not a registered company. Responding to the claims by Charles Boazor that the Shanxii Mining Company is not registered, a legal advisor to the company, Joseph Dindiok Kpemka said the company is registered legally to operate nationwide, adding that he as a legal person would not want to be associated with an illegal company
From: Joshua Asaah/A1Radioonline.com/Ghana