Accra Mayor Alfred Oko Vanderpuije has be re-nominated as head of the Accra Metropolitan Assembly.
President John Dramani Mahama has, in accordance with Section 243(1) of the 1992 Constitution and Section 20(1) of the Local Government Act 1993, Act 462, re-nominated him in addition to nine other Metropolitan, Municipal, District Chief Executives (MMDCEs).
A statement issued by the office of the Minister for Local Government and Rural Development, Akwasi Opong-Fosu, said the following MMDCEs have been retained by the President:
1. George Opare Addo- Akuapem North
2. Emmanuel Atta Twum- Atiwa
3. Nana Baffuor Takyi- Birim South
4. Andrews Sodah- Yilo Krobo
5. Samuel Asamoah- Kwahu East
6. Samuel Fleistcher Kwabi- Suhum
7. Joseph Tetteh Angmor- Upper Manya Krobo
8. Emmanuel Odor Lartey- Dangbe West
9. John Kwao Sackey- Ga East
10. Alfred Vanderpuije- AMA
The statement added that the following new nominations have also been made:
1. Paul Dadzie Aboagye- Birim North
2. Rita Odoley Sowah- La Dadekotopon